Pursuant to its mandate of promoting media education, the National Council for Children’s Television (NCCT) offers you the Katuwang Sa Mapanuring Panonood (KaSaMaPa): An Orientation on Smart TV Parenting for parents and guardians.
KaSaMaPa is a whole day orientation-seminar that aims to develop a community of adults capable of assessing media messages and able to guide children in selecting and understanding media content through one advocacy of promoting responsible media usage. This national program for the parents and guardians contains lectures about media, society and media literacy, responsible media parenting, child-friendly television standards and developing an action plan on community media usage.Objectives:
- Examine the key concepts in media literacy;
- Evaluate different television programs;
- Understand and appreciate the value of responsible media parenting; and
- Develop an action plan for promoting responsible media usage.
By the end of the orientation-seminar, participants will be equipped with necessary skills in assessing media content and be able to contribute to their community by developing an action plan focused on their community’s primary concern regarding media usage.
The team with the most specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound (SMART) action plan will receive recognition/certification and endorsement from the NCCT and local partner/s for full implementation.Modules:
- Media, Society and Media Literacy
- Child-Friendly TV Program Standards
- Practical Tips on Media Parenting
- Developing a Community Action Plan
Target audience: 100-120 parents and guardians (preferable PTA officers, members and barangay officials)
Timeframe: whole day (maximum of eight hours)